I care deeply about working to keep Arvada a safe, suburban community.
Chelsea Canda for Arvada City Council District 1
- Degree in Secondary Education & English from University of Northern Colorado
- Masters Degree in Gifted & Talented Education from UNC- Greeley
- Taught High School English for 11 years
- Born and raised in Littleton, CO
- Mom of 4 kids: 3 boys and 1 girl
- Spends lots of time in the Arvada community as a family enjoying our parks and activities together
- Public Safety – Our police force has lost good officers over the past 18 months because of some of the “defund the police” rhetoric and accompanying “reforms” recently signed at the capitol. This partners with a rise in crime in Arvada. I would address this issue by ensuring that our police force has the proper funding necessary to hire qualified candidates and train them; I want to see our officers out and about in our community and in schools.
- Small Business Friendly – We want to encourage a diversity of small businesses rather than creating monopolies within the cities – this is vital to a thriving community.
- Responsible Growth – We want to make sure that we approve good development projects for Arvada; these should be projects that help our community thrive and encourage both homeownership and small businesses.
- Infrastructure is a big concern for many residents. Our budget should prioritize these projects to ensure that our roads, drainage, etc. are properly cared maintained.
I’d love your help!
Every little bit helps – campaigns take a lot of work! Complete the form below and we’ll get the right people in touch with you.